ORDER YOUR COPY of COVIDOLOGY: Sharing Life Lessons from Behind the Mask
COVIDOLOGY is available in print, ebook, and audiobook. You can also order the print version through your favorite bookseller. More sellers to come!
BOOK TOUR Upcoming Dates
Come meet our writers in person! Select authors will read excerpts at these upcoming locations.
November 19, 2022
Paul discusses COVIDOLOGY in a recent podcast, Bourbon with Beagle.
November 13, 2022
Videos of the October 22, 2022, readings at the Beaverton City Library are now posted!
October 23, 2022
As I reflect from our busy weekend of events, I feel an intense sense of gratitude for the magic that we created in our community. I reveled in the conversations we had with our audiences…live audiences! There was such a hunger for these discussions, and our poems and stories were the catalyst for creating that sharing. Each writer brought a unique voice to this anthology.
The events of this past weekend has encouraged me to build our 2023 tour. Stay tuned for details as they emerge.
October 22, 2022
Beaverton Library hosted a matinee performance and meet and greet reception, and we were pleased to offer free copies of our book to attendees. A major thank you to our host Blaine Ross and funding from Beaverton Arts. Video from the event will be added to our site soon
October 21, 2022
Community for Positive Aging — Hollywood Senior Center hosted an afternoon performance and meet and greet reception with partial book proceeds benefiting the center. Our anthology will continue to be sold at their gift shop.
October 1-2, 2022
Our first weekend book tour completed. Many thanks to the Deschutes Library for being such a welcoming host. And special thanks to Campfire Hotel for providing us with reduced lodging. We loved our time there!
September 18, 2022
Our first shipment of books arrived. It was such a treat to see the finished product for the first time!
August 15, 2022
We are a few weeks away from publishing! Here are our updates:
- Audiobook completed. Our book has been professionally narrated as an audiobook by the talented Jason Zenobia. Jason was the perfect fit to bring these stories and poems alive.
- New book cover. We have been field testing a number of covers designed by Arnel and we have finalized that decision. We are grateful for all the candid feedback that we used for the final version.
- Meet our authors! https://www.ourboldvoices.com/covidology-authors.
Live fall events
We will have live launch events for our storytellers to share their stories and poems with audience discussion afterwards. Here are confirmed dates and times for our upcoming live events:
- Bend, OR, October 1-2. Deschutes Public Library will host two programs in two separate libraries. One or both of the programs will include a virtual/hybrid access with panelists and audience attending virtually or live.
- Saturday, October 1 at the Downtown Bend Library, 1:00-3:00 pm
- Sunday, October 2 at the Sunriver Library 12:00-2:00 pm
- Portland, OR, October 21. Hollywood Senior Center will host a live event from 3:00-4:30 pm.
- Beaverton, OR, October 22. Beaverton Library will host a matinee performance at 2:00 pm followed by a special 3 pm meet-and-greet reception.
June 20, 2022
Our newest project is coming soon—COVIDOLOGY: Sharing Life Lessons from Behind the Mask. This collection of stories and poems convey connection, meaning and life-lessons and captures the emotions of this challenging time while seeking the silver lining through it all.
The vision for this anthology was sparked by a series of weekly social support calls facilitated by Paul Iarrobino, which he started early in the pandemic. He was inspired by observing people connecting in new and meaningful ways. The pandemic gave many of us more time and new virtual spaces to build supportive relationships and learn from each other during an ever-changing landscape.
Currently, our book is being read by “trusted readers,” and we plan to review and incorporate their suggestions early next month.
We plan to host a series of book launch gatherings this fall after our book is released. Our authors will read their stories and poems to audiences and participate in Q&A sessions. We were recently awarded arts funding from the City of Beaverton for an event that will take place sometime this coming October.
We will post periodic updates as we have them so please check back!